This page has moved to http://ghettobassquake.com/

Monday, July 23, 2007

Portugal+Angola= Firepower




Yesterday I had my eardrums nearly blown out by Buraka Som Sistema in a very hot, small, sweaty tent at Lovebox. And I can safely say they are not fucking around. Oh. My. God. My man hit it HARD. They didn't even have Petty and the dancers. Just one guy playing a set of sub-bass, acid tweaking Kuduro bombs. It was awesome and had me grinning like a fool for the entire set. I think alot of the stuff was Buraka productions and it really comes alive on a (Mad) decent soundsystem. He even dropped some grime in the middle of the set. Strong. If they come to your town, don't even think about not going.

6 comments:

andrew.timms said...

They put on an awesome show - did not want it to end. Me like mucho

SURL said...

WOAH!

Ab said...

This a music dance and music style that come from Angola, not Portugal. Part of the band is made of portuguese but the the part are from Angola. The band come toghether in Portugal. But all this come from Angola, √Āfrica.

Vamanos said...

Thanks for your comment ab. I know that kuduro is from Angola and that some of BSS members are from there, now living in Portugal. Sometimes I make assumptions that my readers already know these kind of details. I will add a note.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H e l l o . . . N i c e . . . B l o g . . . P U S H . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

bathmate said...

Thank you for your fantastic posting


Bathmate