This page has moved to http://ghettobassquake.com/

Monday, September 07, 2009

Toto La Momposina


I got to know Vamanos through a shared love of all things tropical and after months of pub conversations and clubbing around London he's asked me to contribute to the blog. My first post isn't focusing on the bass but northern Colombia's Toto La Momposina who is performing at London's Cargo on the 16th.

Most will know who from the various times she's been sampled (check Michel Cleis' La Mezcla and Timbaland and Magoo's Indian Flute) but her own music is just as special, especially my favourite La Verdolaga.

Outside of the UK she normally plays to thousands of people so the chance to see her at Cargo will be kinda awesome. Her mix of African, Latin and Indigenous music will offer a brief respite from London's drudge into the dreariness of autumn and winter. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: