This page has moved to http://ghettobassquake.com/

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Shut The Windows




When it comes to the pure sound of South London in 2009, it doesn't come closer than this. Relentless police sirens crossed with bashment vocals, mostly played at maximum volume any time of the day or night, blasting from car windows outside my house. ALL.THE.TIME. Fortunately I quite like some of it, which is lucky I guess.

Funky has been a massive sound in London this year and Sirens has been one of the biggest tracks around, a threateningly awesome cacophony of swirling sirens, throbbing bass and clattering drums reminding me how lucky I am to live in this city. I even got to drop this in Stockholm back in the summer and it blew up.

This is an exclusive refix with Sean Paul's vocals from our boys, The Heatwave, who have arguably now become some of the biggest dancehall DJs in the UK right now. So big shout out to them.


Sean Paul & Hard House Banton -Temperature Vs Sirens (The Heatwave Refix)

No comments: